The Staff at St. Brelades and The Cumberland
The Staff at St. Brelades and The Cumberland carehomes
Central to our approach to care is our respect for the dignity and privacy of our residents. In caring for them, we uphold the belief that every one of our residents should be encouraged to make their own choices in their daily life whenever they can, no matter what their level of health.
Ben is in charge of all the maintenance of the buildings and equipment. He works closely with the care team to ensure the homes are well maintained and free from preventable risks.
Staff training & Development
Angela Childs and Wendy Miles take charge of all the training and development needs of the Homes. They ensure new staff are fully inducted in the procedures and processes followed by the Homes.
About our staff
- All our trained carers have achieved or are working towards gaining their NVQ level 3. Some are undergoing further self development training
- All new staff receive a comprehensive Induction Training and are assigned to a mentor
- All staff involved with food preparation have attended the Basic Food Hygiene course
- All staff undertake mandatory training in Fire Safety, Health and Safety and Moving and Handling. They are also required to have a clear understanding of the policies and procedures in operation
- All our staff have a particular interest in dementia and keep their knowledge up to date by regularly attending targeted courses on the effects and techniques of how to support service users to have a meaningful life
- We have staff qualified as trainers in Health and Safety and Moving and Handling, so that our training is purpose made to suit our own environment
- All our care staff have received training in Nutrition, First Aid and Resuscitation, Continence, Infection Control and Safe Handling of Food
- All staff are required to undergo regular supervisions with a minimum of 6 sessions per annum and also have at least one annual appraisal.