The Staff at St. Brelades and The Cumberland carehomes
Well trained and highly skilled female carers provide sensitive and professional support to each lady by encouraging her to make choices in her daily life and in respecting her privacy and dignity at all times.
Larry is the managing director of the Homes and works closely with the senior management team to ensure that the highest standards of care are given in the Homes.
Lisa is the homes General Manager and been working at the homes since 1987 and is in charge of Staffing, and their developments as well as day running of the Homes.
Mila Oligo is a Registered Nurse (RN), who jhas spent the last 16 yearsworking in residential and nursing care environment. Recently, she became the co-registered manager of the Homes.
Jane is an experienced Registered Nurse (Mental Health) and has a wide range of skills Jane is responsible for the clinical care needs of all our service users.
Ben is in charge of all the maintenance of the buildings and equipment. He works closely with the care team to ensure the home are well maintained and free from preventable risks.
Staff training & Development
Angela Childs and Wendy Miles take charge of all the training and development needs of the Homes. They ensure new staff are fully inducted in the procedures and processes followed by the Homes.
About our staff
- All our trained carers have achieved or are working towards gaining their NVQ level 3. Some are undergoing further self development training
- All new staff receive a comprehensive Induction Training and are assigned to a mentor
- All staff involved with food preparation have attended the Basic Food Hygiene course
- All staff undertake mandatory training in Fire Safety, Health and Safety and Moving and Handling. They are also required to have a clear understanding of the policies and procedures in operation
- All our staff have a particular interest in dementia and keep their knowledge up to date by regularly attending targeted courses on the effects and techniques of how to support service users to have a meaningful life
- We have staff qualified as trainers in Health and Safety and Moving and Handling, so that our training is purpose made to suit our own environment
- All our care staff have received training in Nutrition, First Aid and Resuscitation, Continence, Infection Control and Safe Handling of Food
- All staff are required to undergo regular supervisions with a minimum of 6 sessions per annum and also have at least one annual appraisal.