Well trained and highly skilled female carers provide sensitive and professional support to each lady by encouraging her to make choices in her daily life and in respecting her privacy and dignity at all times.
As the Registered Manager of both St Brelades and The Cumberland care homes, Catherine ensures that the homes deliver the highest standards of care to the residents. She supervises Heads of Care/Team Leaders and all other staff.
Catherine collaborates with her team in setting and maintenance of quality standards and in the delivery of care services, ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to. She also facilitates and encourages training and development needs of staff.
Annually she produce a Business Plan which is reviewed and amended to meet the needs of the Home.
Neil McNeill RN (General Mental Health) is an experienced qualifies nurse who deputises for the Home’s Manager.
Neil is very approachable and will always do his best to assist and advise you and will deal with any problems or queries that may arise. Neil is responsible for the pre-assessment of all the service users and liaises with relatives, GPs, care managers and other care agencies, and undertakes joint reviews. He is also there to help if you have any queries regarding finance or health matters. He supervises the catering team to ensure the preparation of nutritious meals are delivered and that the buildings and its environment are maintained to a high standard.
Jane Cousins RN (Mental Health) is an experienced nurse with a wide range of skills that have been obtained in different nursing and residential care settings. Jane and Gill are responsible for the clinical care needs of the service users. They will identify through monitoring changes in a service users physical and mental health and will liaise with district nurses, medical practitioners, care managers and other agencies to ensure that the appropriate treatment and resources are provided to each service user. Jane and Gill work with heads of care to ensure that service user plans of care identify all risks and that they are evaluated and reviewed regularly.
Angela Collins (D32/33), with Lisa Foad, co-ordinates and organises all staff inductions and the NVQ training of care staff. She also ensures staff comply with all policies and procedures within the home, and works closely with The Manager and Clinical Managers.
Lisa Foad (D32/33), with Angela Collins, co-ordinates and organises all staff inductions and the NVQ training of care staff. She also ensures staff comply with all policies and procedures within the home, and works closely with The Manager and Clinical Managers.
About Our Staff
- All our qualified carers have achieved or are working towards gaining their NVQ level 3 and undergoing further self development
- All new staff receive a comprehensive Induction Training and are assigned to a mentor
- All new staff involved with food preparation have attended the Basic Food Hygiene course
- Our care team has a particular interest in dementia and have attended specialist courses to keep them up to date
- We have staff qualified as Health and Safety trainers as well as Moving and Handling trainers
- All the care staff have received training in Nutrition, First Aid and Resuscitation, Continence, Infection Control and Safe Handling of Food
- All staff undertake mandatory training in Fire Safety, Health and Safety, Moving and Handling and we ensure that they understand our policies and procedures